Just a little reminder for the future
Run DDMS and select the process that you want to debug (for example, com.android.calendar).
Now, in eclipse, you can attach to the emulator or device:
- Run > Open Debug Dialog…
- Right-click “Remote Java Application”, select “New”.
- Pick a name, i.e. “android-debug” or anything you like.
- Set the “Project” to your project name.
- Keep the Host set to “localhost”, but change Port to 8700.
- Click the “Debug” button and you should be all set.
Note that port 8700 is attached to whatever process is currently selected in the DDMS console, so you need to sure that DDMS has selected the process you want to debug